Coffee Break


Today I meet up with Dave at Second Cup for a much needed coffee break. Sometimes it just feels great to sit with a friend for a couple of hours and let out all your pent up anxiety and school-related stress.

Dave was feeling festive (probably because of the flurries we had throughout the day) and decided to get a warm apple cider. I went with my usual caramel latte order, but I was really excited when I saw how pretty the barista made the caramel design.


I was really impressed! I've never received a caramel latte with a design as intricate as this. I've always wanted to order a latte at one of those local coffee shops that create patterns and designs using the steamed milk (like this one here), but this will do for now!


Like a lot of my guy friends, Dave has been growing a mustache for Movember this year. Personally, I find it looks a little strange on his baby face. I let Dave have a look at some pictures I took this evening and his reply was simply, "I don't know how I feel about this facial hair". I have to agree with him, but at least it's for a good cause!


I also brought some chocolate for Dave and I to enjoy while sipping our warm beverages. It was a great idea. I should definitely make a point of taking frequent coffee breaks with friends more often in the future. Even when things are busy it's great to step away from things for a few hours to catch up.


I also got to make my wish on 11:11 today! I've been looking forward to this day for nearly 2 years, because it marks the date 11/11/11, making wishing on 11:11 so much luckier. I missed the morning 11:11 because I was in a meeting at the Alumni House, but I did manage to catch the evening one just a few minutes ago. I had actually forgotten about it, but as I strolled into the kitchen I caught a glimpse of the clock on the stove and my timing was perfect. I feel like it's even luckier that I caught it spontaneously. I hope my wish comes true!

I hope you guys had a good remembrance day and best wishes!
Lest we forget. 

Labels: , ,