Lusk Cave, Gatineau Park

*This is an old post finally published after my knee injury.*

For my short stay in Ottawa this summer, Stef and I decided to visit Lusk Cave in Gatineau Park. It was my first time spelunking and I really enjoyed it! The cave was very busy, so it took some time to navigate the tunnels. We didn't mind, since it gave us an opportunity to take some pictures.

There are two separate cave systems to Lusk Cave. The first was understandably more popular; it was easy to access, lit with bouts of natural light, and the water only went up to our knees at the deepest part of the cave. 

After exiting the first part of Lusk Cave you had the option to get out or continue on to the last part of the cave system. To access the second cave system you have to follow the water down a small waterfall. I didn't get any pictures from the second half of the cave since it's pitch black inside, and the water was very deep. There was one small stretch where we has only a foot of space between the water and the rocky ceiling. Fortunately, we did get pictures of our soaked clothing.

This was such an adventurous experience. I'd definitely recommend it to all my friends in Ottawa, as well as any visitors to the area. I do however have some recommendations:

Labels: , , ,