Home                                                 About                                                 Photography                                                 Artwork                                                 Contact

Sunday, September 13, 2015

milk and honey

This is one of the best gifts I've ever received. It was gifted to me during the summer, in the midst of my knee injury when I was consumed with feelings of defeat. It's such a beautiful and important collection of poetry, and I wish I could gift it to all of my female friends. 

Please check out this poet's beautiful work here if you're interested. She writes about abuse, loss, love and recovery, and does so in a way that I found very healing.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I didn't know this book was out. I love her. I came across her around the time instagram banned her images about menstruation.
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/24258/1/why-instagram-censored-this-image-of-an-artist-on-her-period

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across her work around the same time. I'm glad she spoke out about Instagram. It definitely highlighted how much female bodily functions like menstruation and breastfeeding are so heavily stigmatized.

      My copy of milk and honey was bought from her website, but I hear the book will be launching in bookstores now! (and hopefully outside of Canada too!)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds lovely! I just checked her page and I really like her work already. Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete